(Tanu Deep) Karwa Chauth is the festival that is ruled by women.
Role as a whole is completely played by women.
It has nothing to do with men or children.
In other words, it has given woman a different identity.
Karwa Chauth is a national festival.
It’s not at all caste bound or any religion bound.
Women all over the country fast for long lives of their husbands.
Is it true or belief can’t be said?
All I can infer out from this is, this festival makes women of India quite different from other country women.
Besides, although this is a belief but it is celebrated with complete rituals and believing the belief as fact.
According to my understanding, it’s almost one of the ways to show love towards your life partner.
Since, the culture of a nation is it’s art forms and music is one of them, we have songs reflecting the importance of this festival.
There are songs I think when this industry came into existence regarding Karwa Chauth.
- The first one is by ‘Sadhna Sargam’ and the song is ‘Chand Aur Piya’.
- Next one is ‘Gali Mein Chand Nikla’ by ‘Alka Yagnik’.
- Third is again by ‘Alka Yagnik’ and ‘Udit Narayan’. Song is ‘Chand Chupa Badal Mein’.
- ‘Mohammad Raffi’ too has given his contribution and the song is ‘Chand Mera Dil Chandni Ho Tum’.
- Last but not the least, it’s ‘Bole chudiyaan’ by ‘Sonu Nigam’, ‘Amit Kumar’, ‘Kavita Krishnamurthy’, ‘Udit Narayan’ and ‘Alka Yagnik’.
And we have a special version for ya’ll jolly fellas!