The province of Ontario on Friday issued more than 1,000 notifications of interest (NOI) to candidates with work experience in 11 occupations under Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream.
The draw held on May 31st targeted skilled workers with work experience according to the province’s demands.
Occupation targeted for May 31 draw were –
- NOC(National Occupation Classification) 0114: Other administrative services managers
- NOC 0601: Corporate Sales Managers
- NOC 1122: Professional occupations in business management consulting
- NOC 0124: Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- NOC 0621: Retail and wholesale trade managers
- NOC 1111: Financial auditors and accountants
- NOC 3012: Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 0111: Financial managers
- NOC 1114: Other financial officers
- NOC 0651: Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c
A total of 1,072 invitations were issued in the draw to apply for Canadian permanent residence to Express Entry candidates with Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores ranging from 439 to 469, and required work experience, among other criteria.
The Human Capital Priorities Stream under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) allows the province to search the federal Express Entry pool for applicants, who meet the federal and provincial eligibility criteria of the stream, and then invite them to apply for the provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence.
OINP for the first time has targeted this specific list of occupations. In the past, it has targeted IT occupations.
The first step required is to enter the Express Entry pool, in order to be considered for nomination for its Human Capital Priorities Stream under the OINP or its other Express Entry streams.
However, this is the second draw of 2019 through OINP’s Human Capital Priorities Stream, which has issued 2,565 NOIs to Express Entry candidates.