WASHINGTON: Relations between Pakistan and the US strikes a new low, as the US President Donald Trump stalled or suspended the $1.66 billion security assistance to Pakistan on Wednesday.
Defense Ministry spokesman Col. Rob Manning said in response to questions sent by the email Tuesday, “USD 1.66 billion of security assistance to Pakistan is suspended.”
David Sedney, who has worked as the Deputy Assistant Defense Minister for Afghanistan, Pakistan and Central Asia in the Obama Administration, says that blocking of military aid to Pakistan which started from January this year is an indication of US disappointment.
“But so far, Pakistan has not taken any serious step to resolve the main concerns of America,” told Sedney.
According to David Sedney, the main concern is that Pakistan tolerates violence against its neighbors and often promotes them.
In response to a question, he said, “We had promised to cooperate with the leaders of Pakistan, but we did not make any serious contribution from the talks.”
So President Trump and most American are disappointed, added Sedney.