The government of Ontario will now hold targeted draws for nominating Express Entry candidates with work experience in six tech-related occupations for Canadian permanent residence
Ontario as well as the rest of Canada is currently facing a shortage of tech workers.
It is likely that more than 220,000 skilled workers will be needed in Information and Communication Technology sector of Canada by 2021.
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) uses Human Capital Priorities Stream to conduct targeted draws for Express Entry pool for candidates, who fulfill the particular federal and provincial criteria.
The six-targeted occupations for tech draws for Express Entry candidates with work experience are –
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
- Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)
National Occupational Classification or NOC determines the skill level and skill type of an occupation.
Candidates must firstly create an Express Entry profile to be considered for an invitation through an OINP tech draw.